Thursday 19 April 2012

#AtoZChallenge - BLOGGERS WERE CHILDREN TOO! - Q is for Queenly (Ms Queenly)

Hello!


Regular followers and visitors to this site will know I'm using BLOGGERS WERE CHILDREN TOO! for my theme this year. I hope you're enjoying reading about bloggers, some you know and some you may not yet know, as they respond to some prompts I sent out. I've been so grateful for their responses as it helped me to get to know them better, admire their stunning cuteness as babes, and delighted me with random facts.


Thank you Adult Bloggers for your heartfelt responses. Thank you readers for visiting my posts. I hope you'll leave a comment and if you'd like to follow the link to my respondents' blogs they'd be delighted to meet you.


Rock on A- Z Challenge.


Yesterday was Peter's Paris.

Today:

Q is for Queenly, (Ms Queenly)

I WAS BORN IN:  Atlanta, Georgia, USA

I GREW UP IN: Atlanta, born and raised

MY FAVOURITE HOME WAS IN: all the places I wasn't on the streets

MY BEST CHILDHOOD MEMORY IS: creating the worlds in my stories

MY WORST CHILDHOOD MEMORY IS: being bullied and put down by others

TODAY I LIVE IN: Fresno, California, USA


PROUDEST WRITER MOMENT: getting how I want it worded just right


RANDOM FACT ABOUT ME: I have an astigmatism in my left eye


More...Ms Queenly on Ms Queenly...
I was born and raised in Atlanta, GA. I have a Bachelor of Arts in English Creative Writing and another degree in Sociology. My specialization is Diversity, Citizenship, and Social Justice. I am a fantasy fiction, erotic romance, and literary fiction writer with the hopes of being published and having my work used in education and activism for social change and global justice.

You can contact me at queenlyspeak@gmail.com or ms.queenly@yahoo.com. Visit my Black feminist|womanist commentary blog at msqueenly.wordpress.com and my literary critique blog at eliasdiamonds.wordpress.comListen to me perform on YouTube. Follow me on my new Twitter MissQueenly or “like” me on my Facebook page Ms. Queenly.

You can check out some of Ms Queenly's work at her blog, Cradle of Cicadas, Stories from the South.  Visit here tomorrow to learn more about Nas Dean from Romance Paradise. 



14 comments:

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

It's sad how many people were bullied in childhood.

The Poet said...

Hello Ms Queenly,
I have always enjoyed your posts for the Romantic Friday challenges. You are a beautiful, multi-talented and creative person. Wishing you the best with your future endeavors. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Denise.

Talli Roland said...

Another great profile! I love how you're featuring bloggers from different parts of the world, too.

Li said...

I love the South, one of my fave places to travel.
Bullying is such a horrible thing - in adulthood as well as in children. (A classic example was the Rush Limbaugh flap) - but it looks as though Ms Queenly has turned it around and has dedicated herself to social justice and fighting such harmful behavior. Bravo!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a story. There was a time you lived on the streets? Nice to meet a new blogger.

Zan Marie said...

Queenly,
You and I grew up as neighbors...well sort of. I was born and raised in Carrollton only about 45 miles west of Atlanta.

Go, Queenly, GO!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Like Andy, I have enjoyed your posts on Fridays for the Romantic challenge. Like you, I was bullied a great deal. Childhood for many is too much like LORD OF THE FLIES. I spent 6 terrible weeks on the streets when six. My heart goes out to you for your time there. Roland

Sherry Gloag said...

Bulllying can destory lives, it's good t see she's rising above the bullies and making a success of her ife.

Denise Covey said...

Bullying is such a problem. Always with us. And now we have cyber bullying. It's wonderful to see how Ms Queenly turned it round. And living on the streets and surviving. What a story.

Roland it is unbelievable what happened to you. Your poor six year old heart must have been shattered.

Denise

Paula Martin said...

Bullying is horrible - and I believe it's now rife on Facebook. Some kids can be so cruel .

Anonymous said...

Bullying is awful! I'm glad to really meet Ms. Queenly. Thanks, Sis, for reaching out to her. Lots of Q words, just not for old movies! I'm now going over to her blog.
Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror & Other Memoirs

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Denise and Ms Queenly .. good to meet you. Sounds like you sorted life out though - bullying is difficult at the best of times.

Cheers Hilary

Kittie Howard said...

Clarissa's right, what a story! Bullying has got to stop. Happy you overcame much.

J.L. Campbell said...

So nice to discover more about Ms. Queenly.