Tuesday 10 April 2012

#AtoZChallenge - BLOGGERS WERE CHILDREN TOO! -I is for Iris (Blobel)

Hello!


Regular followers and visitors to this site will know I'm using BLOGGERS WERE CHILDREN TOO! for my theme this year. I hope you're enjoying reading about bloggers, some you know and some you may not yet know, as they respond to some prompts I sent out. I've been so grateful for their responses as it helped me to get to know them better, admire their stunning cuteness as babes, and delighted me with random facts.


Thank you Adult Bloggers for your heartfelt responses. Thank you readers for visiting my posts. I hope you'll leave a comment and if you'd like to follow the link to my respondents' blogs they'd be delighted to meet you.


Rock on A- Z Challenge. (Click to read more posts...)

Today:


I is for Iris (Blobel)



I WAS BORN IN:  Mainz, Germany

I GREW UP INMainz

MY FAVOURITE HOME WAS INYep, you’ve guessed it – Mainz!

MY BEST CHILDHOOD MEMORY IS: Going to a little creek with most of our neighbours and their kids for a BBQ in Summer.

MY WORST CHILDHOOD MEMORY IS: Kept hidden away in some small corner of my memory.

TODAY I LIVE IN: A small town west of Melbourne.

PROUDEST WRITER MOMENT: Listen to the readers telling me how much they loved my book

RANDOM FACT ABOUT ME:
Had to leave school after year 10, because my grades in English were lousy. It was either repeat the year or leave!


Iris would like to tell you about her latest book:

Would you travel around the world to uncover the reason for your dreams?

Hollie Anderson does.
A young woman from Tasmania who lives on a farm just outside Launceston, she has got good looks, likes her job and loves to hang out with her friends. She should be happy, right?
But it’s a recurrent dream that throws her daily life into chaos and takes her on a journey to Ireland. While on her quest for answers she meets Sam in Dublin under unusual circumstances and both women, so different in many ways, find out they have one thing in common - and it changes their lives forever.


Presenter @  www.voicefm.com.au

I hope you enjoyed learning about Iris today. Tomorrow my special guest is ... 




26 comments:

Iris B said...

Thanks for having me Denise. I loved reading all the previous posts so far and apologise for the lack of putting more effort into mine ... I suppose being busy doesn't count as an excuse amongst authors, does it ? :-)

Denise Covey said...

Hi Iris. It was a personal choice how much to share, but yes, following on from Donna's yours does look sparse. You'd be surprised how many have contacted me and added a little more, which I've loved. I for one would have liked to have learned something about Mainz!

Thanks for sharing what you did. At least it's a nice short post for the A-Z.

Denise

Lisa said...

Hello Iris, very nice to meet you, and I love your photo. And I think I have been to Mainz Germany.

Good afternoon Denise :)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Summer BBQs with friends and neighbours are the best!

Ciara said...

The BBQ with friends sounds like a lovely memory.

baygirl32 said...

I'm saying it again - I LOVE your theme for the challenge!

Nice to meet you Iris

Iris B said...

Thanks everyone ....

Yes the barbeques were one in a million :-)

Oceangirl - I hope you've been to Mainz. It's a wonderful town full of history and is famous for it's carnival! :-) Something I miss most.

baygirl32 - nice meeting you too! :-)

farawayeyes said...

Hi Iris.

Unknown said...

They look like amazing books, Iris. I love the cover. It's nice to be introduced to a new blogger.

Lisa Orchard said...

This is a great baby picture! I would love to hear a story about growing up in Germany! Is there a story like that in your future?

Zan Marie said...

BBQ in the summer with family! That's a shared memory, Iris. Thanks for making me think of it. ; )

PR said...

Ooh that sounds like a great book, will have to put it on my list :)

Universal Gibberish

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks for sharing, and the lovely pic of you. bbq by the stream, brings back some wonderful childhood memories of my own. thanks for that.

Sarah Tokeley said...

Hello Iris, nice to meet you. I'd love to know how you got from Germany to Australia :-)

Theresa Milstein said...

I didn't know much about Iris B. Now I know more! What a striking cover of her book.

Golden Eagle said...

That sounds like a fun summer memory! :)

I love the cover of Journey to her Dreams.

Nicole said...

Aww, how sweet! That is a cute photo of little Iris holding those colorful shovels...it makes me want to go to the beach :)

Yes, I would travel around the world to uncover the reason for my dreams...if you are picking up the tab for my airfare and lodging! LOL

Cheers!

~Nicole
Blog: The Madlab Post
@MadlabPost on Twitter

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

An author who failed English - now that's ironic!

Elaine Cantrell said...

Lovely interview. The English thing is funny.

Kittie Howard said...

Lovely interview. I'll check out Iris' book. I have a German-born friend who said she thought she'd never learn English because it sounded like people mumbling when they chewed gum.

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

I love what you are doing with this A to Z Challenge, what fun to go and read some of my favorite bloggers' stories. I shall return!

Dawn Embers said...

That is one of the cutest beach pictures ever. Love it. Great post for today.

Iris B said...

Unfortunately bloggerdoesn't let me reply to each of you individually which is a bit of a bugger! Thank you all very much for your comments and "the compliments" re my baby pic. From memory I think it was taken during a summer holiday at the Baltic Sea.

Kittie - I know how your German friend feels. It took me quite a while to get the hang of the Aussie slang - my mouth open staring at the person opposite me was quite common during the first few months :-)

Again - thanks everyone - and if you do happen to read my stories - ENJOY :-)

The Poet said...

Hello Iris.
Nice to meet you.
Denise, I'm really enjoying my trips around the world with these features. Thanks for sharing.

Teri Heyer said...

Hi to Iris & Denise! What a cool post. Great concept. I was fortunate to travel to Australia some years back. So many wonderful memories from that trip. My youngest sister & her family moved from the U.S. to Melbourne a few years back & love it there. I hope to eventually get a chance to visit again. Your blog is very nice & I'll be sure to stop by from time to time.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Denise and Iris .. thanks for the pop up box - just hadn't reached your blog for a while (saving them up!) ..

Interesting I'd have flunked German if I'd ever learnt it properly .. except of course I now wish I'd learnt another language ..

Glad you're enjoying Australia - looks wonderful .. cheers to you both .. Hilary