Wednesday 18 April 2012

#AtoZChallenge - BLOGGERS WERE CHILDREN TOO! - P is for Peter's Paris



Hello!

Regular followers and visitors to this site will know I'm using BLOGGERS WERE CHILDREN TOO! for my theme this year. I hope you're enjoying reading about bloggers, some you know and some you may not yet know, as they respond to some prompts I sent out. I've been so grateful for their responses as it helped me to get to know them better, admire their stunning cuteness as babes, and delighted me with random facts.

Thank you Adult Bloggers for your heartfelt responses. Thank you readers for visiting my posts. I hope you'll leave a comment and if you'd like to follow the link to my respondents' blogs they'd be delighted to meet you.

Rock on A- Z Challenge. (Click to read more posts...)


Yesterday was Adura Ojo.

Today is a short post, but I hope you'll treat yourself and visit Peter's blog. Awesome:


P is for Peter's Paris



I was born in Gothenburg (Göteborg), Sweden.

… and grew up at the same place.

My favorite home was – still is – in Paris.

My best childhood memory is when I, at the age of 8, during summer holidays proudly worked as lock keeper in a small canal in Sweden (while the official one took some rest).

My worst childhood memories involve some broken arms from ice hockey matches – no protection those days.


Today (since 1974) I live in Paris.

I’m still waiting for my proudest writer moment.

Retired since 2007 when I started blogging. Happy to be retired and to have so many new friends through blogging, to have the time and to be able to travel, to be baby-sitter for my grandkids… .

Denise here. I'd like to add that I'm so pleased I found Peter's Paris blog. What glorious photographs he takes on his sorties around the City of LIghts. 

Check out some of my Paris Photos here...


It was great meeting/learning about Peter wasn't it? Tomorrow drop by for Ms Queenly.


And seeing today's post was short, perhaps you'd like to pop over to RomanticFridayWriters where I've written a flash fiction entitled Paris.



19 comments:

Francene Stanley said...

Isn't it marvellous how we meet friends from all over the world on the world wide web? I was born in Adelaide, Australia, travelled around the country, left Queensland for England, where I reside now.

http://francene-wordstitcher.

Zan Marie said...

Ooooh, Paris! Peter, you live in one of the loveliest cities in the world. I've only visited once and want to go back. ; )

Unknown said...

Someday I would like to see Paris. What a lovely place to live.

Paula Martin said...

I'm envious of anyone who lives in Paris, one of my favourite cities.

J.L. Campbell said...

Nice to meet Peter and I'd one day like to see Paris.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I love Paris. I'd love to return one day.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I bet he gets his proud writer moment someday!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to bookmark this so I can click on the link tomorrow and meet him, and go vicariously to Paris. TODAY is not one of my best days so I'm off to bed Jen, and ME, early! It's 8:54 here. That's early for us!!
(((hugs)) from your Sis

Denise Covey said...

Thanks for your visits everyone. I know you'll love Peter's site if you drop by. I use it, amongst others, as my Paris fix. He is in Sweden ATM and may not get to check out your comments at this time.

Ann, I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the best time with Jen. Hope your sleep helps!

Denise

Theresa Milstein said...

Nice to meet you, Peter. I'd love to spend more time in Paris. It seems like a wonderful place to live.

Theresa Milstein said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela Yuriko Smith said...

You're right... his photos are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing him!

Unknown said...

Very nice to meet you. I enjoyed your post! Paris (of course) is one of my favorite cities, and you are so fortunate to call it home. So glad I visited your blog.

If you've the time, come over to my blog. I'm the author of the Bella and Britt series for kids.

Dawn Embers said...

Such a cute picture. Nice to meet you there, Peter. :-)

Charmaine Clancy said...

Not surprised you're a fan of Peter's blog with photos of Paris!
Wagging Tales

Glynis Peters said...

Catching up. Love Paris, and enjoyed the post.

I smiled at the poet Adura Ojo's post...smiles like a fish!

Anonymous said...

Nice photos. It was great reading about Peter.

The Poet said...

Hello Peter.
Nice to meet you. I've never been to Paris, but I hope to one day. I stopped by your blog before returning here to comment. You have some beautiful photos. I can see why so many people love the city of romance. I enjoyed my virtual trip. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Denise. You already know I love, love love your Paris blog!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Denise and Peter .. great photos of Paris .. and a delightful addition to many interesting blogs and people

Cheers Hilary