Tuesday 20 July 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following:


•Grab your current read


•Open to a random page


•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page


•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)


•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants (and anyone reading the post) can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser.
 

My first entry for Teaser Tuesdays is showcasing an Aussie book as I'm also joining the Aussie Author Challenge where if you're a Fair Dinkum Aussie you have to read and review 8 Aussie books by at least 5 different authors before the end of December this year. If you're not Fair Dinkum, you still have to read 3 Aussie books. Check the details as there are so many excellent Aussie authors.
 
Meanwhile back to #teasertuesdays and a bit of the early Aussie bush...
 
"Then the team swung out from the bush, turning into the track, sunlight striking down through young green of the red gum and jarrah saplings, splashing the big red and white bullocks inthe lead. Red, tawny, black, and white backs of the beasts moved slowly, with rippling sway, against the lighted and shadowy depths of the forest."
from Working Bullocks, by Katharine Susannah Prichard, p.5

12 comments:

Nomes said...

might check out that aussie challenge - I probably read that anyway, but should makes sure to review them and share the love :)

Denise Covey said...

Great idea. Should be great..:)

The Words Crafter said...

Thanks for the post; I'm gonna do a teaser Tuesday-my first one! BTW, those two sentences were very descriptive...loved them.

Denise Covey said...

The Words Crafter: Yes, I love description. Glad you're going to do a TT too!

Francine Howarth said...

Hi

Didn't have time to drop by your blogfest of death on day to comment - but loved it!

Now, totally off topic!

NEWS OF "NEW ROMANCE E-PUBLISHER" - UK Based - and set up by editor at Salt Publishing (Jane Holland) who also targeted HM&B as author, her mother being the late Charlotte Lamb of M&B fame!

Check out top-right corner of my blog, and spread the word!
After all, publishers are in short supply - those seeking new authors.

best
F

Totally off topic!

Denise Covey said...

Wow, thanks Francine. I will..:)

Marg said...

Welcome to the Aussie Challenge. It is one that I am participating in as well.

My teaser is from The Passage this week.

Denise Covey said...

Thanks Alayne and Marg..:)

agirlreads said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my Jane Austen post :)

Your blog makes me a little homesick in a good way, since I'm a aussie living in Canada (for four years and counting). I can't wait to check out more of your writing :)

Denise Covey said...

Thanks agirlreads. I loved your Jane Austen post..:)

Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and joining the Aussie Author Challenge! Look forward to sharing reviews of great Aussie Lit.

Denise Covey said...

Joanne, I am looking forward to participating..:)