Friday 9 July 2010

More Awards for moi!

Thank you VR Barkowski for not one, but two, awards. One is the Versatile Blogger Award and the other is the One Lovely Blog Award. Thankfully VR has combined them, so all I have to do is tell you 7 things about me. As I've done this before, I'll just have to stretch things and hope I don't repeat myself.


The lovely Olivia J Herrell from That Rebel With a Blog also awarded me with the One Lovely blog Award, so thank you so much! I'll have some passing on to do!

Tell you what, people are changing the rules as it suits them, so if you are following me you definitely deserve both of these awards, so please grab them for your blog, then pass them on as you see fit! Just remember to link to moi and leave a comment so I know you have taken up the offer. Then we are all happy!


SEVEN THINGS ABOUT ME


  1. My bedside table is a tip because I never read one book at a time, I must have at least 4 on the go at once - one or two fiction, one non-fiction, one classic, one travel memoir - at least! Then there's research, YA books...

  2. Who needs a classroom of adolescents when you can do one-on-one tutoring? I gave up the wild side of life to concentrate on mainly ESL students (and my writing.) Love their enthusiasm, and I learn so much about their cultures. I am forced to read books I would never bother with otherwise (e.g. The Book Thief) but end up becoming engrossed. Am currently revisiting Pride and Prejudice, Future Shock and Great Gatsby. Yummmmyyyy. Nice work if you can get it!

  3. I love the feeling of having a real (ahem) book in my hand as opposed to an e-book. Maybe I'll change down the line, but not yet! Am I a Luddite?

  4. I adore libraries (I tutor most of my students there!) if for no other reason but to see the avalanche of people loving books. Go you good people!

  5. I don't procrastinate near as much as I used to, so be encouraged, there may be a cure. My cure is to sit at the computer with my fingers on the keys and to remember to hit them occasionally.

  6. I have the most adorable little (and I mean little!) dog, Foxy Lady - a chihuahua/miniature foxy mix. She is the size of a regular tissue box, (just right for apartment living) but has the personality of an alsatian and the temperment of a labrador. She lights up my life and gets me running at least once a day, maybe more! She never tires, and hauls me up hills. Looks hilarious and passers by laugh or stop to chat. A good little ice breaker.

  7. By the end of 2010 I hope to have my novel polished and out there looking. Also hope to get my second underway soon, whilst writing my short stories and travel stories. #ShutUpAndWrite!!



Thanks for reading. I'll be looking forward to reading yours, 'k?

Bye now, #amwriting...Denise




10 comments:

Karen Roderick said...

Congratulations. I love yor blog, it always gets me thinking. I love libraries too, understated these days, but brilliant places. Here's to that published novel hey, you can do it.

Denise Covey said...

Thanks so much and I'm glad you like my blog. My library is brand new, 3 stories high and is just wonderful. I could live there..:)

Talei said...

Lovely awards - Congrats!! And I always have at least 3 books on the go. Can't never stick with just 1 book!! ;)

Denise Covey said...

Talei, yes, wouldn't life be boring if we only read one book at a time!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your awards! And thank you for following my blog! :)

Chihuahuas are just the cutest. My grandma used to have one and I love how their tongues are always sticking out through their teeth!

Denise Covey said...

Thanks Amanda. Yes, they are the cutest..:)

Laura Eno said...

Congrats on your awards!

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Congratulations, you so deserve those awards! I was over here the other day and could have sworn I commented. I love libraries, too, only my current one is teeniny!

~Olivia

Denise Covey said...

Laura, thank you..:)

Olivia: Yes i think you did comment on one of my posts. Thanks again for kind words..:)

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com said...

I was finally able to put out the Versatile Blogger Award yesterday. But I haven't had a chance to notify all the winners yet.