Friday 16 July 2010

Best Advice to Writers Blogfest


I felt it would be presumptuous to submit an entry to this blogfest as I'm not a published author, but I have put up the banner from Peevish Penman (above) so I didn't forget to go read the entries, which I have been doing for the last two days. So sorry to disappoint you if you have dropped in to read my words of wisdom as I've been commenting all over the place. (Okay, if you must, my advice is to write, write, write and soak up tips from everywhere, but only use what suits you and your style.)

I have read some great advice straight from the heart of these dear authors/writers. A little phrase that will be with me forever is from D W Cunningham of Literary Asylum: 'Leave new footprints.' Love it. So, go check out some entries by clicking on the banner above.

Happy writing, Denise.

18 comments:

Aubrie said...

I bet you have awesome advice to give. Next time you should participate!

I love the "footprints" idea.

Nomes said...

Love that footprints quote :)

Off to check out some entries :)

Denise Covey said...

Aubrie and Inkcrush: Isn't that footprints quote something. Yes, go check them out..:)

The Words Crafter said...

I like the "but only use what suits you and your style" comment you made. I'll be checking them out this weekend...thanks for the post!

Denise Covey said...

Hey Words Crafter, thanks for noticing my little bit of ahem, wisdom. Worth checking out..:)

Hadassah Fey said...

I'm not published either, I just have a few years of experience under my belt. Don't sell yourself short, we all have something to offer one another. Love the footprints quote. :)

Denise Covey said...

Thanks Hadassah. I'm sure we all have something to add to the mix, but I'm enjoying listening to others at the mo'. Great quote for sure..:)

Unknown said...

Published, not published, don't labels restrict you. You write and people read; by any definition that really matters, you're published!

Denise Covey said...

Thanks Clark! Well it seems I should have written something then..:)

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

Hee hee, that was a tough decision to make methinks - and wisdom provided a great marketing tool!

God we women can give advice that's a sure fact, but advice is only any good to the person who needs or wants it!

best
F

Cruella Collett said...

Great tips - I'll check out the blogfest and see what else I can learn :)

(Loved the cartoon. Ruff!)

Denise Covey said...

Francine: You're a cheeky one, hee hee..:)

Cruella: Glad you're going to check out the 'fest..:)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You may not be an author, but as a blogger and writer, you can offer this - write every day.

Denise Covey said...

Yes, true, L Diane Wolfe, I didn't expect such comments, but when I think about it, you're right..:)

Al said...

I finally got my finger out and posted about the award you gave me.
The footprints quote is fantastic.

Denise Covey said...

Excellent Al. Yeah, the quote is great..:)

Theres just life said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm glad you liked it. I am a cartoon nut so of course I love yours. I really like your style of writing, I will enjoy following you.

And I love the footprints quote as well.

Denise Covey said...

There's just life: Lovely to meet you and that you like my style and cartoons...what can i say? Thanks..:)