Monday 18 May 2009

TWITTER

I'm so desperate to find the value in twitter that I actually went to the twitter guide website but must say I'm not much the wiser. I did learn that you can actually search using twitter, and somehow my following links managed to hook me up with Kevin Rudd, the Prime Minister of Australia. My excitement knows no bounds. Now I can know every little Ruddism hot off the press.
If you're not Australian you'd never understand how casual we are about our leaders. We even have a name for it - the Tall Poppy Syndrome. You put your head up, we'll chop it off. A nation of apathetic sun worshippers that we are, how could anything a pollie have to say be important? However, I was looking for a simile so I chose one about pollies - '...spreading faster than the jet streams from the politicians winging their way around the world...' That will be included in an article I'm working on. I changed it from 'spreading faster than economic instability.' Rather boring...

No comments: