- Remember The Bernard Pivot Blogfest? Well, I won! The prize just arrived recently! Thank you to Nicole Duclerior from One Significant Moment in Time who sent me this bunch of goodies below:
- Then J. C. Martin, the Fighter Writer ran a contest, the Race to 200. You had to enter a story where your character is racing. My story showed my MC racing through the streets of LA to save her daughter. You can read my entry here. For me, winning this contest was fantastic. So was the thrilling review my story received from Genna:
MEET ME AT UNION STATION by L’Aussie @ Flashquake
“L’Aussie opens her scene with great attention to detail and with a dire sense of urgency, which translates into a fast-paced snippet that was impossible to stop reading! The intermingling of action, inner thought, and dialogue is ingenious, as every word moves the story along in one way or another. I love the raw emotions she conveys in a matter of paragraphs. This is a testament to her strong control of language and plot structure. She builds suspense through short, terse sentences. I’m hooked!”
My prize arrived recently, Stephen King's The Running Man. Thank you, thank you J. C. Martin!
- This morning the lovely Lynda R Young from A Writer's Journey advised me I came third in a draw on her blog which was to celebrate 500 followers. My prize is a critique of 250 words of a WIP. Boy, the fun never stops! Thank you Lynda.
- And Roland D Yeomans is sending me an autographed copy of a Dean Koontz novel. How sweet is that!
- And the lovely Nomes from Inkcrush is sending me a book this morning just because I commented and just because she's generous and loves to pass books on!
Try to have a listen to Jessica Bell's video promoting her debut novel below. It got lost amongst the A - Z Challenge madness.
Remember my A - Z posts are found on my L'Aussie Travel Blog. Visit a country a day. Fun!