Friday 30 October 2009

New Writing Challenge

WRITING AT THE COFFEE CLUB IS NOT THAT HARD!

Well in a couple of days' time I begin writing furiously as I attempt to write 50,000 words in 30 days. Have been formulating ideas as I'm definately not just a 'pantser' (flying by the seat of my pants) when I write. I like to have some sort of a plan. I'm definately a 'plotter.' So I have enough bits and pieces to get started. My Region (Brisbane) is having a 'Write in' at a Coffee Club just along the river from where I live. It'll be good to meet others with similar goals. I've already arranged to take my laptop to my local Coffee Club so I can write without interruptions, at least nothing more serious than another coffee order.



I've decided to go with the Romance genre as if I do persevere for 50,000 words, at least I have the makings of a Harlequin/Mills and Boon. Hmmm. Gotta start somewhere! I've had my nose in a couple of what we no longer refer to as 'penny dreadfuls' or 'bodice rippers', considering whether I can actually write in this genre. Jury's still out on this. I attended a Romance Writer's Workshop with Anna Campbell who has a trio of 3 'bodice rippers' out with Avon Books, and I learnt a lot and even managed to get applause with my 'pantser' version of a conflict between a hero and heroine.



Well, I'll soon find out if I can keep it up for a month won't I?

No comments: