Day Four 4/11 - Wednesday - Words 1771 (11,107)
A very useful little set of notes came my way courtesy of my local Nano region. They are good to check every now and then.
- How can I make the actions/reactions of the characters believable?
- Have I provided enough background to understand the characters?
- How can I make the setting contribute to the tone, theme, plot of the narrative?
- How can I make the plot believable?
- Do the characters have a significant role in the plot?
- How can I make the plot fresh and original?
- What larger issues do I want readers to think about as a result of my novel?
- Is the dialogue natural?
- Does the dialogue develop the characters and plot?
- Does the dialogue show action?
Notes from Book in a Month, by Vl Schmidt and Writing for Emotional Impact, by K. Iglesias