Thursday 30 April 2009

A FEW DAYS IN BRISBANE

Just got back from a few days in Brisbane, the capital city of Queensland. Will be moving down there in a month or so. I like it there as it has a good buzz - lots of things to do which help a writer. I always spend a lot of time in the huge Brisbane Square Library, where there is a good research section. Over the Brisbane River at the Southbank there is the Queensland State Library which is fantastic for research, with librarians there to help etc etc.

Have a few articles on my mind - want to do one on Noosa, my hometown. Also Kakadu in the Northern Territory where we recently had a holiday and saw lots of crocs and gorgeous scenery. Thinking about a writer's tour of Britain too. Lots of ideas there about the places famous writers lived. Pity there weren't more hours in the day.

Moving and writing don't really mix, but I'll do my best...

No comments: