Well, it's time for me to 'fess up and let you know the answers to the seven questions from the Creative Writer Blogger Award. Some bright sparks did guess the ONE true thing I posted.
Around the World in 80 Days
1. I really love to travel as Francine knows, so that may have been behind her guessing #1 as a truth. Sure, I'd love to go around the world in 80 days, but not like those krazy klutzes from the movie did - oversized goggles, biggles hats, balloons etc. Sorry Francine!
2. Laura and Jules played along with #2, but Clarissa was really hopeful...ha de ha.
Good... Morning Vietnam!
3.L Diane Wolfe and Jai Joshi and Terry Stonecrop thought #3 might be the truth and I'd like to go to Vietnam to shout 'Good morning Vietnam!' and why not? Trouble is I have my baby daughter trekking Vietnam from North to South and I'm worried witless, so Vietnam was kinda on my mind. No, I'll leave the shout out to Robin Williams. Hmm, maybe I will do that one day, kinda the truth...let's get Candice home safely first!
My daughter's doing this...
While I am doing this...
4. Absolutely no-one was fazed by #4. North Pole/South Pole - too much of a stretch, or a mush or what!
5. Summer and Secret Writer went for #5 - why not? It's one of the coolest! Sadly, all my research on Antarctica comes from books/internet. But it would be very cool to go one day. Maybe one really hot summer in Australia - oh, that's every summer.
This is where most of the action takes place in Twilight - or so it seems...
6. Funny, not even a whiff of a suggestion that Twilight is my favourite series. For those who have friended me on goodreads, you may have noticed me saying I've started reading them. Hey, I've got through the first two, now I'm heading for Eclipse! I thought seeing as I'm a writer/teacher/mother I should see what all the fuss is about and try to work out why Stephanie Meyer has been uber successful. I think part of the secret is heaps of dialogue and Bella's POV, which keeps the action going at a cracking pace. I'm totally sick of her whining, getting cut, looking for danger etc etc, but I totally get why this series has been a money spinner. Hey, but you're right, I don't even like reading about vampires/werewolves/zombies and whatever other monsters are lurking out there, so Twilight can never be my favourite series.
'Heck, this post took longer than the original. Thank you for playing along. I hope I got all the names/choices right!
Oh, and while we're on the American theme, Nick Thomas, thank you for the list of Bill Clinton lies/truths. Woh, he's such a role model! As I'm a tad political, I'll reprint them so others who missed this jewel of a list can have a crack at guessing which of Bill's quotes are the truth according to the Gospel of Bill:
- I have never lied in my life.
- I did not have sex with that woman.
- Hillary makes my toes curl.
- Hillary makes my toenails drop off.
- Chelsea is honest, beautiful, faithful, and adopted.
- I have no regrets, and sleep well at night - on the couch.
- Obama is the greatest president since Nixon.
Geesh, I must admit I'm flummoxed. None of them could possibly be true, could they?
Pop down and replay #7! Da, da, da, da....