Well I've been waiting so long for this award. It arrived at just the right time to cheer me up. A nasty little virus was trying to take over my computer so I isolated it and sent it right back to virus hell where it belonged. Gotta give thanks to 'How to remove My Security Shield Virus' for such good ammo. That little sucker better not try a take-over again.
The beauty of receiving this award is you've gotta guess if anything I've actually said above is true, or, more likely, a lie. Well, hint. There's just some things a serial writer wouldn't joke about, no kidding!
It's all the fault of The Rainy Day Wanderer. She gave me this award several days ago. Do you see the title? It practically begs me to tell lies. I'm just doing what I'm told! If you've never checked out her blog, you're missing some really interesting lies, oops, great stuff. If you haven't checked out her blog, pop over now while I copy and paste the rules for all you goodly liars. Oh, I forgot. I have to thank her for this pesky award. Yeah, right, er, thanks.
The Bold Face Liar Creative Writer Award requires you to:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link to them.
2. Add the award to your blog.
3. Tell six outrageous lies about yourself and one truth. (Another variant: Tell six truths and one outrageous lie. YOU get to guess which variant I chose – and which statements are true, as well as which are lies.) If you'd like to play along, tell me in the comments which are truth and which are outrageous lies.
4. Nominate six creative liars writers and post links to them.
5. Let your nominees know that they have been nominated.
Can you figure out which group I went with? Do you know which are lies and which are truths? We'll see.
Here's my list:
1. I once tried to replicate the journey from Around the World in Eighty Days.
3. I want to visit Vietnam so I can shout: 'Good Morning Vietnam!'
4. I want to walk to the North Pole and if I survive, then to be fair I'd better do the South Pole as well.
5. I went to Antarctica to research my latest novel.
6. My favourite book is Twilight.
7. My favourite movie segment is from Apocolypse Now.
Okay, now, to pass the award on. I've been a bit ad hoc 'cause I've seen this award about so I haven't got time to check out who has it/who loves lying etc, so I hope I make some liars happy today or tomorrow, depending on where you live. I'm giving it to some followers who are wonderful writers so I'm sure they'll do a creative job on this one, no lie!
Calum @ The Secret Writers Blog
Jane at I'm Downtown!
Jackee at Winded Words
Brenda Drake @ Brenda Drake Writes
Robert Guthrie @ Kinda Going With the flow
These are all fantastic writers who continually post things interesting, open, challenging, humorous, uplifting, humane, and powerful. If you've never checked them out. You'll thank me...