Friday 10 September 2010

Computer Virus, Creative Liar Award, and things I didn't even know about me...



Well I've been waiting so long for this award. It arrived at just the right time to cheer me up. A nasty little virus was trying to take over my computer so I isolated it and sent it right back to virus hell where it belonged. Gotta give thanks to 'How to remove My Security Shield Virus' for such good ammo. That little sucker better not try a take-over again.


The beauty of receiving this award is you've gotta guess if anything I've actually said above is true, or, more likely, a lie. Well, hint. There's just some things a serial writer wouldn't joke about, no kidding!

It's all the fault of The Rainy Day Wanderer. She gave me this award several days ago. Do you see the title? It practically begs me to tell lies. I'm just doing what I'm told! If you've never checked out her blog, you're missing some really interesting lies, oops, great stuff. If you haven't checked out her blog, pop over now while I copy and paste the rules for all you goodly liars. Oh, I forgot. I have to thank her for this pesky award. Yeah, right, er, thanks.


The Rules:


The Bold Face Liar Creative Writer Award requires you to:


1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link to them.
2. Add the award to your blog.
3. Tell six outrageous lies about yourself and one truth. (Another variant: Tell six truths and one outrageous lie. YOU get to guess which variant I chose – and which statements are true, as well as which are lies.) If you'd like to play along, tell me in the comments which are truth and which are outrageous lies.
4. Nominate six creative liars writers and post links to them.
5. Let your nominees know that they have been nominated.


Can you figure out which group I went with? Do you know which are lies and which are truths? We'll see.

Here's my list:

1. I once tried to replicate the journey from Around the World in Eighty Days.

2. I look like this. My Profile Picture is a sham to stop internet stalkers.


3. I want to visit Vietnam so I can shout: 'Good Morning Vietnam!'


4. I want to walk to the North Pole and if I survive, then to be fair I'd better do the South Pole as well.


5. I went to Antarctica to research my latest novel.


6. My favourite book is Twilight.


7. My favourite movie segment is from Apocolypse Now.








Okay, now, to pass the award on. I've been a bit ad hoc 'cause I've seen this award about so I haven't got time to check out who has it/who loves lying etc, so I hope I make some liars happy today or tomorrow, depending on where you live. I'm giving it to some followers who are wonderful writers so I'm sure they'll do a creative job on this one, no lie! 

Calum @ The Secret Writers Blog
Jane at I'm Downtown!
Julie Musil
Jackee at Winded Words
Brenda Drake @ Brenda Drake Writes
Robert Guthrie @ Kinda Going With the flow


These are all fantastic writers who continually post things interesting, open, challenging, humorous, uplifting, humane, and powerful. If you've never checked them out. You'll thank me...

19 comments:

Summer Ross said...

I think the truth is number 5 )

Jackee said...

Oh! Thank you so much for the award. I love this one because I can lie. :o)

Your answers were awesome! I'm going to have to go with Summer and guess #5 as well. Given that it's the coolest one on the list.

Glad your computer's up and running again! :o)

Jules said...

I think Vietnam is true but then that sounds like something I would do. Does that #2 work? lol

I am happy to hear the bug was sent to purgatory :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

The Words Crafter said...

This cracked me up!!! Thanks for the shout out, btw. Isn't it fun to be told to make up some really good lies?

Hmmmm, I'm thinking that #7 might be true...although I have to agree that #5 sounds really cool....

Laura Eno said...

Congrats on the award! #2 is true, right? Right??? ;)

Denise Covey said...

Hee hee all, I can't say yet or I'll give the game away..:)

Jai Joshi said...

I think number three is the truth!

Jai

Julie Musil said...

You are so sweet! Thanks so much for this fun award.

I love your list of truths and fibs. I do think the Vietnam one is the truth and I wonder how many people have done that.

Unknown said...

Well, if that's really you, I'm coming back more often. And congrats on the award.
CD

HelenMWalters said...

Brilliant. Couldn't possibly guess!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm guessing #3 is the truth as well, because I'd want to do that!

Jane said...

Many many thanks! I really appreciate this great honor! Will post a response on my blog later today or this weekend,

Jane

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

Hee hee, love this!

I was going to say 7 because it's funny, because the music's dynamic, because it's a classic war movie, but it's also cruel in its depiction of death, so I'm going for 1 as truth!

best
F

Unknown said...

Thank-you soooo much for my very, very first blog award! This has really made today so special which I will always treasure.
Hummm, I'm going to have some fun with this one I think! ;-)
I'm hosting an author interview on my blog so am doing some prep for this at the moment, but will start acting on my responses for this magnificent award once the interview is over!
Is it #5 that's true?

Terry Stonecrop said...

LOL!!! And congrats on the award.

I'm going with "Good Morning Vietnam!" Love that one.

"Weather out there today is hot and shitty, with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon..."

Denise Covey said...

Still can't say...so interesting..:)

Helen Ginger said...

I'm gonna go with #7 being the truth. Hey! It was a good movie, so why not?

Along These Lines ... said...

Creative Liars, huh? Well, here's some Bill Clinton might come up with - which is true?

I have never lied in my life.

I did not have sex with that woman.

Hillary makes my toes curl.

Hillary makes my toenails drop off.

Chelsea is honest, beautiful, faithful, and adopted.

I have no regrets, and sleep well at night - on the couch.

Obama is the greatest president since Nixon.

Good blog!

Brenda Drake said...

I feel like a schmuck. I've been crazy busy and I missed my award. :( Is it too late? Thank you for thinking of me! :D ::bangs head on desk::