ON WRITING

“It’s very easy to quit during the first ten years of writing. Nobody cares whether you write or not, and it’s very hard to write when nobody cares one way or the other. You can’t get fired if you don’t write, and most of the time you don’t get rewarded if you do. But don’t quit.” Andre Dubus

Thursday, 11 June 2009

Brisbane is now my home

You know what they say - home is where the heart is - and no matter where you are it is good to feel at home. Now I've moved from the very beautiful Peregian Beach to Brisbane, only a 160 km trip, yet another world. My view from my desk at Peregian was of the Pacific Ocean. I could see surfers, whales in season, and kiteboarders and walkers. My view from my desk in Brisbane couldn't be more different - I can see my kitchen! Wow! So really I have no distractions, I should be able to write and write and write! Here's to anything that'll keep me out of the kitchen!!! I even have a bed behind me, hmmm, feeling a bit tired????

4 comments:

  1. My view is of a shed wall, so I don't have any distractions. That said, it is covered with various photos, etc, but I tell myself that these are for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in such a lovely part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echoing what Helen said. Lovely new start for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for comments. I don't yet have broadband transferred (too hard for my server!) so I have to wait for another provider! Thus a long time between blogs! and twits! and my fave, reading blogs! Oops, I forgot writing, but I'm still at it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Hit me with your wisdom!