I picked up a new chick-lit today and it began with a wedding invitation:
The bride and groom kindly request the following:
- No female guests to wear white; this includes clothes, shoes and/or accessories
- Guests should refrain from wearing garments from Coast or Karen Millen clothing stores
- Guests should please visit laceconfetti.com/mccarthy-bourke to review the colour scheme of the wedding and dress accordingly
- Single male invitees should not bring as dates female guests who are unknown to the bride and groom
- All non-local guests should stay at the hotel in which the wedding reception will be held (prices and information available online at www.themanor.com
- No gifts on the day unless in the form of cash or cheques. Preferred method of gifting is via the wedding list (see attached notification card for details) or through deposits to the couple's joint account (details below) by the date of the wedding.
- What was your wedding like? Did you have any strict criteria for invitees?
- Do you agree that the weddings of your children will be a far cry from your own wedding (if you're married, of course!)