Sunday 12 September 2010

Writing Competition - Mills and Boon New Voices is well underway




Well some of us have been a bit distracted lately, polishing the words off the page to enter in the Mills and Boon New Voices Competition. First entries posted on September 6th. In case you haven't heard of it it is still not too late. They want Chapter One of a novel suitable for any of the Mills and Boon categories by September 22nd. If you want to know more, go here

So, come on, own up if, like me, you've posted an entry.
 If we in blogland can't recognise your name we can't vote for you! And believe me the entries are great in number already, and the chance of getting around all the listed is going to be impossible. 

To read entries, leave a comment and rate it, you need an email/password.

Leave us a clue in comments here: the title, whatever, if you have an entry you'd like us to read.

Some people are not using their blog IDs.

I shamelessly ask if you would be so kind as to read mine: Search 'Denise Covey', story 'Ruby.' Please give an honest critique if you have time for more than a skim read. I can take it! Watch out for the comment form, it asks you to preview, then publish.

21 comments:

Theres just life said...

Denise I will be sure to check it out.

Denise Covey said...

Thank you Pamela Jo. You're sweet..:)

HelenMWalters said...

It looks like a great comp. Good luck.

Denise Covey said...

Thanks Helen. I've been reading entries and there's some good stuff there..:)

Jane said...

Best of luck to you in this competition. Oh, and thank you again for the blog award. That was a lot of fun and I had a good time trying to dream up some outrageous lies!

Jane

Quillers said...

Good luck in the comp! And thanks for your great comments on my chapter!

Robert Guthrie said...

I'm late for THANKING YOU for the shout-out and the Creative Writer Blogger Award. On vacation, I'm on-line very little. Actually this comment is all the blogging I've done. Traveling up and down the east coast of the US, I'm only keyboarding my WIP. One more week and one more chapter to go...

Great lies. I'm wondering if "Good Morning Vietnam" is the truth, b/c, how cool is that.

And it's great to know about this competition. Thank you!

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Well done you for pressing that send button. I'm still working on my chapter, but hope to have it done in time.

Off to have a read.

X

Unknown said...

I'll have a look! I've signed up, but haven't actually handed in an entry....me=chicken...

Leslie D. said...

Hopefully I'll get around to looking into the writing site soon, meanwhile thank you for your generous comments on Monterey Daily Photo. I'm charmed by your feature photo of the decorative hooves!

Jai Joshi said...

It would definitely be fun to read your entry!

Jai

Denise Covey said...

Jane, thank you and love those lies!

Quillers, you're welcome!

Robert, be looking forward to reading about your lies soon!

Suzanne, it was hard to send to be so public, but what the heck. Go girl! Hope you get yours in..:) Let me know when you do.


Tessa, oh, it's hard, and their site sucks, but oh, well, I think it's worth it..:)

LD, thank you for noticing my horse's hooves. I love them..:)

Jai, don't know about fun, but hey I'd appreciate it. Thank you..:)

Talli Roland said...

Good luck with the competition! Fingers crossed for you. :)

Karen Roderick said...

Sounds brilliant, and what an opportunity! Good luck. x

Theresa Milstein said...

I will check out this writing competition. I'll read yours too. Good luck!

Terry Stonecrop said...

Great good luck!!! I'll be reading yours:)

Denise Covey said...

Thank you all you kind people..:)

Jackee said...

Cool! Way to go and put yourself out there.

I'm off to check it out right now!

Denise Covey said...

Jackee, hope you got to read/vote..:)

Terry Stonecrop said...

Hi, I was finally able to link and sign up. I read you entry and liked it, but for the life of me, I couldn't get them to let me to say anything.

This site is rather in need of work:) If you have any suggestions to help me, please let me know.

Denise Covey said...

Terry, the site is terrible. You have to sign up to be able to comment, so you probably don't want to go through the rigmarole. thanks for taking the time to read and try to comment..:)