ON WRITING

“It’s very easy to quit during the first ten years of writing. Nobody cares whether you write or not, and it’s very hard to write when nobody cares one way or the other. You can’t get fired if you don’t write, and most of the time you don’t get rewarded if you do. But don’t quit.” Andre Dubus

Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Look out! Handwriting Tag! I've never been blog-tagged, have you?


G'day! As our fingers are made for tapping rather than grabbing a pen and paper these days, some bright spark came up with this tag. You have to actually WRITE IN PEN ON PAPER! Phew! Well, I actually love to write longhand (is that what it's still called?) so Tessa at Tessa's Blurb, I really don't mind being tagged. Unfortunately, there's always rules! Here is what I (and you if I tag you) have to handwrite:

1. Your name/Blog's name
2. Are you right-handed or left-handed?
3. What are your favorite letters to write?
4. What are your least favourite letters to write?
5. Write: "The quick, brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."
6. In CAPS, write: "BABOON, SPLENDOR, ONOMATOPOEIA, FLIP-FLOPS, HUZZAH!"
7. Your favorite song lyrics are?
8. Make sure you tag 7 people to join in on the fun. =)
9. Tickle your fancy and add a special quip for us to enjoy. =)


9. So I forgot this one. Back to typing. A quip: Well, not really, I'm in a rush. And I love to bend the rules. Here's a few lines from a bubbly little poem:

Can you hear the stream flow
Forever running free?
My laughter's in the ripples
And bubbles eternally

So there's nowhere to hide. I hereby tag the following lovelies:

1. Loveablehomebody Ashley Ashbee
2. Flutey Words - Aubrie
3. Helen M Hunt - Fiction is Stranger than fact
4. Selma @ Selma in the city
5. Francine @ Romancing the blog
6. Pamela Jo @ Theres just life
7. Inkcrush - Nomes

So, go on now. Accept the tag and get writing!


19 comments:

  1. Wow, you have really cool handwriting. I wish I could study it and figure what people are like though it. However, I think it's a dying art. People just don't write much anymore.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clarissa, yes, a shame. Thanks for the comment re my handwriting. Apparently you can tell a lot about someone by their handwriting..:) Consider yourself tagged if you'd like to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once in a while, a group would set up in the mall and you could have your handwriting analyzed. It was fun. Yours looks like some notes written by a movie producer....like they use in commercials-really cool.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny tag! You do have cool handwriting, as Clarissa said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh - i like this :) Thanks for tagging me. I love seeing people's handwriting - not sure why?

    And I love your favourite lyric line. I'll have to think about what mine will be? Maybe something from Powderfinger, I love their lyrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for tagging me! What cool writing you have. Love the loopyness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for tagging me. I agree handwriting is a dying art. I do love to pick up a pen and paper just don't seem to have the time. Now I have the perfect excuse, though my handwriting is not as pretty as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your scrawl! It's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a brilliant imaginative idea. My handwriting is dreadful but I d think it's sometimes good to reconnect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    I've cheated!

    The last time I tagged 5 bloggers for an award only 3 accepted it!

    So I've invited anyone who drops by to join in the fun. ;)
    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  11. Words Crafter: Thanks. Not that I wish I were a movie producer lol..:)

    Laura: Thanks..:)

    Nomes: Go Powderfinger! ARe you going to their final concert?

    Aubrie: Looking fwd to seeing yours..:)

    Pamela Jo: Lkg fwd to seeing yours..:)

    Amanda: Thanks!

    Helen: Yes, definitely a dying art..:)

    Francine: You're such a rebel..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't read my handwriting nor can anyone else--ever since I had a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's great handwriting.

    My handwriting sucks. The only people that can read it is me and my English teachers over the years.

    It's a good thing my fingers are glued to the keyboard most of the time when I work on my novel and blog.

    I'm glad I started following your blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your handwriting too. This sounds like a lot of fun. I will definitely join in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your handwriting. I wonder what it says about you? I reckon it says you are a creative person who likes to travel and write and blog. Wow! We can learn so much from handwriting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terri: Having babies can do strange things to us, but I've never heard it changes your handwriting!

    John: As a teacher I've read some pretty bad handwriting. I understand. You may well ask who needs it anymore. Thanks for the follow.

    Selma: Glad you're joining in.

    Lynda: My mother once had my handwriting analysed and it said I should be a secretary! I think it shows creativity too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like your handwriting! It looks like the perfect mix of orderly and whimsical :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cruella: Thank you. I've been amazed at the comments liking my handwriting..:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Hit me with your wisdom!