Thursday 8 July 2010

Butterfly Award and ramblings of a returning blogger

Noosa Main Beach

Hey, miss me? I've been away up on the Sunshine Coast (100 km's north of Brisbane) spending some good times with my daughters. It was fabulous, but I decided to put the netbook away and just take a break.

Anyways, lots has been happening in the blogosphere while I've been catching some rays, wining, dining and coffee-ing and gazing at gob-smackingly beautiful scenery, so it'll take awhile to catch up. Oh, and look! Nearly 100 followers! How did that happen??

I've missed a blogfest (shock! horror!) so sorry to Shelley from Stories in the Ordinary who hosted the I Can't Say It Blogfest. I've been reading some entries and they're darned good. Pop over if you can.

Some lovelies have dropped by and left me some awards to pick up, so this will take some time. This is the point of this blog post and I'm finally getting to it. Blah! Blah! I'm so verbose.

Due to such a concentrated busy time to-ing and fro-ing between blogs, I realise what a PAIN word verification is! And the blogs who even want your email address! I just want to run away and leave no comment. Too much time! Look, if the odd alien pops in to leave a comment I can live with that, can't you? So how about going into settings and turning off word verification! Pretty please??? Do we really need it??? If there is a good reason to keep it, please tell...

Anyways, the lovely missali (a fellow Aussie) from Love Miss Ali,  has given me the Butterfly Award (which will be added to my awards slideshow later.) To collect I have to tell you what makes me smile. Hmm, now that's not too difficult. I'll be buzzing around looking for bloggers to pass this on to who might have something to smile about too!


WHAT MAKES ME SMILE


  • The ocean - there's something about the ocean view that always inspires me

  • Love - maybe this should be first, as what could be lovelier than love? Husband, kids, friends, family, views, blogging...

  • Chocolate in any guise - smile, smile, smile

  • Coffee - especially when a favourite barista adds a special design on top just because I make him smile with the amount of coffee he makes for me.

  • A scene that sparkles - more than a smile, a holler, a whoop!

  • Seeing a place for the first time when travelling. Hard to wipe the smile off my face.

  • Blogger friends who award me - thank you for making me smile
That's just skimming the surface. Have a great day all!

16 comments:

Editor Cassandra said...

I've got an annoying spammer bot that leaves five comments on each of my posts (EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.) if I turn off WV. It sucks, really. It started happening a couple of months ago when people started really tweeting my website and linking to it a lot. I must be caught in a ring or something. I wish I knew a way to make it stop.

Anywho, thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower!

Denise Covey said...

Lovely to meet you C A..:) Must be heaps annoying with 5 comments each time!

Editor Cassandra said...

Also, if you'd like to contribute your own Friday Five post, let me know!

Denise Covey said...

I will let you know, thank you..:)

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

You sound real chirpy after sun, sea and sand!

Wow, 100 followers - how does that happen I can't get past 21, joke or what!

There's a blogfest coming up in August - if you haven't seen it details on my blog top right corner!

best
F

Denise Covey said...

Yes, Francine, sun, surf 'n sand will do that to you!

Well, to get to 100 followers you have to participate in every blogfest, follow a million blogs, and comment madly. That's how I did it.

I checked out the blogfest on your site. Sounds good.

I've gotta go cook dinner, so will be back..:)

DL Hammons said...

Hi! Thanks for stepping up and being counted over at my blog. It is much appreciated.

I too have been hit by spammers several times which keeps forcing me to turn on word verification. Isn't that always the way...the actions of a few ruins it for everybody else.

Aubrie said...

I haven't had too much trouble with spammers, so I leave my word verification off. I feel bad for people that do.

The ocean makes me smile, too!

Amy DeTrempe said...

I would love to visit where you have just been. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Glad you had a wonderful time on your trip.

Shelley Sly said...

Hey, no worries about the blog fest. :) I just appreciate that you were interested in it. Congrats on your award and on almost 100 followers!

Denise Covey said...

DL Hammons: Thanks for dropping by and commenting. Pity about those spammers. I'll wait and see what happens..:)

Aubrie: I can just imagine you playing your flute overlooking the ocean..:)

Amy De Tempe: No worries. Nice to meet you..:)

Shelley: Thank you for being gracious..:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! A very well-deserved award. :)

Denise Covey said...

J. Kaye: Aww, thank you..:)

Laura Eno said...

Congrats on your award!

Thanks for following my blog. I'm with you on the word verification. I just keep dumping the spam comments off my blog, but someday when I'm famous I might have to turn it on... ;)

Denise Covey said...

Ha ha, Laura. Yeah, WV sucks but I guess if you get constantly spammed you're going to need it, famous or not! Thanks for following ..:)

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Hi, I'm catching up on my reading, congratulations on that lovely award!

~Olivia