Monday 21 June 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award


Thank you to J. Kaye from 365 Days of Novel Writing for this award. With this award comes a few duties. Those are:


1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.


2. Share seven things about yourself.


3. Pass this award along to fifteen bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason!


4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.


Seven Random Things About Me:


My worst habit is...coffee and chocolate everyday (and cake too if I can manage it)

My guiltiest pleasure is...TV news, I am the biggest news junkie out. I listen even if I'm not watching. Sure, not much joy there but I like to know what is happening even if I can't do anything but shake my head!

The hardest thing I've had to do...is think of 7 things about me (just kidding!)is ...keep on believing in my writing through the down times. I've finally reached the point where I am soldiering on, believing in myself, and not letting rejection get me down.

As a child I...had a short story published in a major newspaper when I was 11. This set me off into a dream world from which I've never returned. I've got lost on the way, but I have found my way back.

One of my ways to relax is to...bake. I love baking cakes, biscuits (cookies), cheesecakes - my Toblerone Cheesecake is to die for. I also like to create chef-style meals when the spirit moves me.

I love blogging because...it inspires me to hear how everyone else is going. I also learn a lot trolling around the blogosphere. I don't look on it as a time waster. Much better than playing solitaire between scenes.

I love to travel...and this is reflected in my writing. I keep journals on paper and in my head and these ideas/settings pop onto paper, catching me unawares. But I love it...


So there you are. I used a different format as by now everyone must be sick of the numbers 1 - 7 or 10, depending on the award. Feel free to respond any way you want.


Now for the fifteen bloggers:

  1. THE STORY SO FAR
  2. elisa - random thoughts
  3. vintagesusieandwings
  4. Carol's prints
  5. The Writer's Funhouse
  6. Jen Chandler
  7. Publish or Perish
  8. Miss Ali
  9. Laughing Monkey Stick
  10. Culture Served Raw
  11. Laughing Wolf
  12. Jaded Love Junkie
  13. Flutey Words
  14. Starlight Blog
  15. Terripincha
I tried to choose bloggers who haven't already received this award as it takes ages to do! However, if I doubled up, please send the award on to someone else for me.

Looking forward to reading your 7 things...you Versatile Bloggers...Here's a slice of Toblerone Cheesecake for you!


Cheers, Denise

20 comments:

Aubrie said...

Thanks so much for the award! I had no idea that Father's Day is in September where you live! That's so neat.

Denise Covey said...

And Mother's Day is in May. When's yours?

laughingwolf said...

oooooooo love that cheesecake, email me some? ;) lol

thx so much for the award :)

Denise Covey said...

laughing wolf, I wish I could then I wouldn't have to eat it all by myself!

My pleasure with the award. You are certainly versatile..:)

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Denise, thank you so much for the versatile blogger award! What a pleasant surprise. I'm so flattered :D And I love that we have so much in common, too. I also love to bake, though I don't have much time to do it anymore. But while I was having a writing dry spell, I baked like mad. I think in some of us, there's just a need to create, and we find an outlet for that creativity any way we can.

Congrats on receiving the award as well!

Denise Covey said...

That's a sweet thank you Carolina. It is always lovely to find like-minded people..:)

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Congrats on those who caught your eye for the award!!! Thank you for following my blog! :D

Denise Covey said...

You're very welcome Elizabeth, and very worthy of the award..:)

Al said...

Hi Denise,
At least I guess Denise is your name from my high-tech sleuthing (I read it in one of the other comments).
Thank you very much for passing the award on to me.
I most certainly will participate in the award. But you'll have to be patient with me, I might take a couple of weeks to get to it.

Denise Covey said...

Hi Al. Thanks for participating. You are a worthy recipitant..:)

The Story So Far said...

Hi :o) Thank you for the award!I'm happy for the award, and very suprised.. Thank you. :o)Sindre

Denise Covey said...

My pleasure Sindre. Happy blogging..:)

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com said...

Thank you so much for the Award! Congratulations to you and the other winners!

Toblerone Cheese Cake! That sounds incredibly wonderful! Just the thought is adding inches to my hips. LOL

Ann Best said...

I saw that you just came in as a follower on my blog, which sent me happily here. You live in Australia! I love Australian movies (Walkabout, Breaker Morant, My Brilliant Career) and have always wanted to go there. And you write and have a book in editing. Not a contract yet? I have one under contract in editing. It's a slow process. Happy day to you. Hope it isn't as hot there as it is here in Harrisonburg (USA) Virginia.

VS said...

Thank you friend for the fun blog award. You are so sweet to have included me in your lovely group of winner!!! You are so sweet.
Have a wonderful week,
Smiles...
Susie

jenny wilson said...

i must have coffee and choclate daily as well

Denise Covey said...

Mary Anne, you are most welcome to the award! Yes, toblerone cheesecake is amazing..:)

Anne, thanks for your nice comments re Australia. Those are classic Oz movies which I wouldn't have expected an American to know of, let alone like. Good taste. No, I haven't submitted my MS yet. I need to do lots more polishing..:)

vintagesusie, you are welcome. Love your blog..:)

jenny: what would life be without coffee and chocolate???

coffeeaddict said...

Congratulations Guys! I love these awards because I always find new and intersting blogs to read. Save me some of that cake from the aftershow party. I'm already halfway through my husband's Father's Day toblerone, bad wife!

Denise Covey said...

coffeeaddict: who can resist toblerone? Not me,no matter who officially owns it. I always say if he leaves it in the fridge, it's mine..:)

Anonymous said...

Wow...that cheesecake looks soooo good!