ON WRITING

“It’s very easy to quit during the first ten years of writing. Nobody cares whether you write or not, and it’s very hard to write when nobody cares one way or the other. You can’t get fired if you don’t write, and most of the time you don’t get rewarded if you do. But don’t quit.” Andre Dubus

Tuesday, 13 October 2009

FEATURE ARTICLE ACCEPTED

AUSTRALIA REALLY IS A BEACH

Got the email this morning. I finally finished tweaking a feature about Noosa, including an historic slant rather than just your touristy article. Really enjoyed the research. GoNOMAD, an excellent online travel site has bought it, so I hope it goes online soon! Now maybe I can move on to something else...this feature has taken an inordinate amount of time, but these days you have to have an edge in this highly contested market. Finding a new slant can be tricky. Hope you'll read it when it comes online. Don't worry, I'll let you know!!


3 comments:

  1. Well done - that's brilliant. I remember Noosa from my Australia visit - long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen. Yes it's a lovely place. Hope you can visit again...when you're not so busy...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Hit me with your wisdom!