ON WRITING

“It’s very easy to quit during the first ten years of writing. Nobody cares whether you write or not, and it’s very hard to write when nobody cares one way or the other. You can’t get fired if you don’t write, and most of the time you don’t get rewarded if you do. But don’t quit.” Andre Dubus

Monday, 4 May 2009

OTHER WRITERS

Was inspirational to read a writer's blog today and see she is 75% through her novel. That's so good! This writer also writes in other genres, both fact and fiction. There is a bit of a thing about that and it is good to see someone who has success in different genres. For myself, I like to write about travel primarily, whether fact or fiction, then fictional short stories, but of course am always researching bits for that novel I hope to write one day...When the days are longer, of course....Meanwhile I have to prioritise as am moving in about a month and will have to move this mess off my desk, so would like to toss off a few stories as it'll probably be a bit of a break while I get set up in my new abode...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the move. Sometimes, a new environment can work wonders with story inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Hit me with your wisdom!